- This event has passed.
Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Validation Workshop
August 23, 2022$350
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council™ (GBAC) Validation Workshop will take place on Tuesday August 23rd. We will be conducting a full day Validation Workshop at the GBAC Training Facility in Holland, Michigan. This event will discuss the upcoming GBAC Measurable Auditing Toolkit that will be published in October and detail viable technologies, programs, and services such as ATP, qPCR, air monitoring, facility sensors, inspection software and other advancements. The August workshop will provide an in-depth overview of facility validation technologies, programs, and services. This event with the upcoming soon to be published toolkit will include implementation guidance, recommendations, extended resources and more.
EVENT WEBISTE: https://gbac.issa.com/events/gbac-validation-workshop-2022/
REGISTRATION: https://gbac.issa.com/events/gbac-validation-workshop-2022/register/ (Full price is $350, ONLY $262.50 for your network)
WHY SHOULD PEOPLE ATTEND?
Session: Facility Validation and Assessment
A critical first step in validating the effectiveness of your current environmental infection prevention program is a comprehensive assessment/audit. We need to better understand where the potential opportunities are for improvement. This includes but is not limited to, biological sampling and assessment of hard and soft surfaces, air quality, equipment used for cleaning and disinfection, waste management, and water. A comprehensive audit not only allows us to identify initial areas for improvement, but it is also a way to ensure the ongoing quality assurance of your programs.
Session: Following the Energy: Environmental Monitoring Through ATP
- ATP is the dominant energy currency for life on Earth and is present in a wide variety of organic residues. As such, determination of ATP levels on surfaces serves as a useful indicator of general cleanliness that can be rapidly assayed with today’s mature solutions and can be the cornerstone of a robust environmental monitoring program.
Session: qPCR: Validation at Every Swab
- qPCR is quickly finding new applications in both industrial and environmental monitoring. As the Gold Standard throughout the pandemic, society has come to rely on the accuracy and speed of qPCR technology in clinical settings. qPCR enables non-scientists to accurately validate both the efficacy of their cleaning programs and water treatment plans.
Session: Healthy Air, Verified.
- By bringing biotechnology to buildings, it’s now possible to create and verify infection-resistant facilities. Improving and verifying indoor air safety is incredibly important for human transmissible illnesses. And we can also learn a lot from air as a universal medium (vs. surfaces or water) like how facilities can affect human health–from salmonella to influenza, and property value–from molds to pests. Join this session to learn what’s now possible using new systems and technologies, and the collective best practices from hundreds of facilities today
Facility Validation Rounds and Breakout Session
- Step by Step walkthrough of various facility environment types showcasing and demonstrating technologies and programs.
- Interact and learn with experts
- Participate in networking opportunities
- Dinner & Networking Mixer
- Learn about cutting edge research, new technologies and programs
- Learn approaches to reducing pathogen transmission facility wide
- Continuous involvement opportunities
- Multidisciplinary lectures on infection control
- Educational credits (pending)
Travel & Hotel: https://gbac.issa.com/events/gbac-validation-workshop-2022/travel-hotel/